Spinach Chicken Alfredo
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 8 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 1 4oz can mushrooms, drained
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 T corn starch
- 1 8 oz brick low-fat cream cheese
- 12 oz whole wheat pasta, cooked according to package directions (store in fridge)
- Place chicken, mushrooms and spinach in a greased slow cooker.
- Mix chicken broth, parmesan cheese, and spices. Pour over chicken mixture
- Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6 hours.
- Stir in cream cheese, until smooth.
- Add pasta, and cook for 10 minutes or until heated through.
Oh and the Mr. and I had another first this evening... made bread in our bread maker. Mr. McGoo owned the bread maker before we were ever together, but this was the first time for us to make anything in it... only took us almost 5 years. ha!