Thursday, February 10, 2011

Measuring Up?

Very fitting words I needed to hear... thought someone else might too... quoted from a blog I read...

Don't Try To Measure Up ...

It is a nasty cycle trying to measure up all day long as a wife, mother, friend, daughter, or sister ... I have given myself permission to NOT get it right all day long EVERY DAY ... There are some days when I am a really good wife, but not such a great mom.   Weeks when I am good friend, but stink as a wife and then there is the rare moment when I do a pretty good job with all the titles God has called me to be ...

It is funny when people ask, HOW DO YOU DO IT ALL ...?  Well, I really don't very often ... I am a type A personality, so organizing and check lists are my DREAMLAND, but that doesn't always work in the moment ... And I have decided to just laugh it off when things don't go my way or I lose my sanity !!!! hee hee

Give yourself permission to FAIL because it is in those moments when God can do a great work in you ... It is like you give HIM permission to mold you again into the person HE wants you to be ... ... always check in on how [you] are doing in [your] marriages and [your] relationship with the LORD ... These two relationships are the corner stones for all the rest ...

So always remember on the days when it just isn't clicking don't hold on to that feeling ... Open up your heart and let the LORD re-direct you and refine you ... It is important to feel defeated at times in our flesh ... It puts ETERNAL things in perspective ...

You are fearfully and wonderfully made according to scripture, so if the God of the Universe made you then HE can use you just the way your are !!!

... I am real, I am a mess, I am normal, I am crazy and so much more ... I just want to be a vessel for God and I know you do too, so DON'T TRY TO MEASURE UP to anyone, but the person God has called you to be ...
That last line really summed it up for me... who am I trying to be anyway? Even if I attempted to be the best wife ever (trust me, I'm far from it!!!) without God and pursuing that end for the right reasons (to minister to and love my husband, and to glorify God), it's pointless anyway. Thankfully I have a Savior and a husband that loves me for me. A reminder again that it's not about me anyway. Thank you Lord!

Phil 1:6 
"being confident of this, 
that he who began a good work in you 
will carry it on to completion 
until the day of Christ Jesus."

No comments: