Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Stop to Look at the Clouds

As I've grown up, one of my favorite things, ever, has been clouds. I loved clouds. I loved the beauty of them, and the ability to say, "wow! God is God and I am not" when looking at them.

Over the years, however, as things get busier and busier, I find that I do not stop to look at the clouds often enough. I still love them, but I do not take notice of them like I used to. I think I've let life get in the way. I think that's sad.

Today, while driving to my parent's house for lunch. I stopped to see the clouds. I even had to take a picture or a few. (below)


With all the craziness of the elections today, and the uncertainty of the future that will come from today's votes, it was nice to just look at the beauty God has blessed us with and again say, "Yes, Lord. You are God and I am not! I praise and thank You!"

1 comment:

Marzee said...

Interesting to note - mom revealed that she had filled two plus scrapbooks full of cloud and sunset pictures that I had taken during my childhood when she went through the pictures laying around the house just this year - thought it was interesting that it might run in the family... - Emily