Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Baby Dedication

This past week was a whirlwind...
  • Class Tuesday night 6-9pm following a full day of work 
  • Traveled to Pittsburgh, PA for work Wednesday through Friday afternoon
  • Attended my Psych/Mental Health Nursing clinical Friday night
  • Worked on clinical paperwork Friday until after midnight
  • Arrived back at the clinical spot at 8am Saturday until 6pm
  • Attended a Connecting Point get together with Mr. McGoo Saturday night
  • Traveled to Nashville and back on Sunday and tackled school to dos in route

However, the highlight of the week was the reason Mr. McGoo and I traveled to Nashville. We went for our nephew's baby dedication at my sister and brother in law's church. We are honored to be Fisher's God parents and were happy to be able to attend.

The celebration was great. We started with a family lunch at my sister and brother in law's casa. We enjoyed some yummy eats and time with my parents, my sister and brother in law, Fisher, and lots of my brother in law's family. Unfortunately the youngest Wilson girl was not able to join us due to work obligations, but she was there in spirit!

From there we headed to the church to be a part of Fisher's baby dedication celebration. This was a time for Fisher's parents, my sister and brother in law to dedicate Fisher's life to God. They shared publicly their desire to see him grow to be a man of God that knows the Lord and follows daily after Jesus Christ. And they invited us to join them in this pursuit, asking us to play a role in pointing Fisher to Jesus as he grows.

I have no doubt my sis will post about the big day on her blog, so I'll leave most of the details for her to share. In the meantime, here is a picture of the adorable family, and the "life verse" they picked for Fisher:

The Kees
 "For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago." Ephesians 2:10


Fun pics from our visit in Nashville
I'm looking forward to spending more time with the little guy and the rest of my family in the next couple of weeks!

No comments: