Monday, April 30, 2012

I've got the Joy, Joy, Joy, Joy...

I shared with a dear friend the other day that while I'm in school I have been struggling with JOY. I desire JOY to be an expression I regularly behold, showing Christ to others by having joy in situations that are seemingly not joyful, but I find that during the craziness of juggling school, work, and life in between, I often let that slip and fall away from me. I asked for prayer regarding JOY...

Yesterday, my friend shared with me the following verse:

Psalm 16:11

"You make known to me the path of life;
    you will fill me with joy in your presence,
    with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
"


I love it! What hit me most was the "in your presence" portion of the verse... God will FILL ME with joy when I'm IN HIS PRESENCE. That's key... He's waiting for me to meet with Him, and the filling will begin. Time to spend some extra time with my Jesus... that's where the JOY is going to come frame. Of course! What a great reminder and a perfect way to begin my next season of nursing school. Thanks TK!

No comments: