Friday, April 1, 2011

Book Nerd Corner

As always, especially considering the school factor in my life, I currently have a few reads going at one time. There always seems to be about three books in my world at once, and of course multiple tons of books sit in line waiting to be the next to one for me to read.

My current books reads are:

The Hole In Our Gospel 
by Richard Stearns

As mentioned in previous posts, this book has definitely been a goodie and a convicting one too. It has taken me quite some time to get through it, but I'm on the last section now.

This book continues to encourage me in what I already know - I'm no longer okay with ignoring the fact that thousands of people are in need throughout the world and I can help ... I can make a difference one step, action at a time!
 
Love & War: Finding the Marriage You Dreamed Of 
by John and Stasi Eldredge

Although only one chapter in so far, this is my current read for my monthly "Jock Strap" Club that is composed of a few women, meeting together, and studying what a Godly marriage looks like and how we can grow to be better wives through the process. We're reading this book together, as well as watching the DVD series of this study with our hubbies - one session per month, so we're on track to finish this book and series in October.
 
What Happens When Women Say Yes to God
by Lysa Terkeurst

This is my current Bible Study that I'm going through with my Sunday School class women. We meet bi-monthly, working through this book together.

The chapters include: A Soul That Longs for More; Hearing God's Voice; When Obedience Becomes Radical; You Never Know How God Will Use You Until You Let Him; What Keeps Us from Saying Yes to God; If It Were Easy, It Wouldn't Be Worth Doing; Keeping Our Vision Clear; Giving Up What Was Never Ours; and Radically Blessed.

1 comment:

Mr. McGoo said...

Something tells me I know of at least one NERD that will respond to this one.

Way to get your readers (Fellow Nerds) commenting