Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day Off With My Man

At the wonderful suggestion of my hubby, I took the day off Friday to have a day with my man to celebrate our 4th anniversary and ultimately spend some extra time with one another.

Friday was a great day. We slept in until about 9am, when I was woken by a phone call from my dear friend, Shoko in Japan. Thankfully we had already been notified earlier last week that her and her family were safe following the tsunami and earthquake that hit Japan, but hearing her voice was a blessing and treat! Our wedding anniversary marked four years since I've seen Shoko last (at my wedding) - I cannot believe it has been that long and miss her greatly. She now lives in Japan and I look forward to our next visit!

After chatting with Shoko and catching up about life, Mr. McGoo and I cleaned out one of our rooms that had turned into a "catch all" room as we worked on other rooms over the last year or so. We worked to throw away junk, put to the side "garage/yard sale items", and organize things that stay. It was Mr. McGoo's idea, which is an especially fun treat (speaking my love language), and we cranked the process out in a few hours!

Following our clean sweep, we headed out to Ubee's to watch The University of Memphis compete in the NCAA basketball tournament. There we ate a yummo lunch and watched with other Memphis fans as Memphis fell two points short of getting past their first game of the tournament. Nevertheless it was a great game and a lot of fun!

In order to help "lick our wounds" from the Tigers loss and also show our furbabies some love, Mr. McGoo and I took Kodi and Dexter to the park. There we let them run free for awhile and enjoyed some "family" time out in the beautiful weather!



The rest of the evening we continued to enjoy the NCAA men's basketball tournament until our tummies begged for dinner. We headed out for a late meal at Buckley's and filled ourselves until we were ready top pop.

What a great day with my man!

No comments: