Friday evening, however, with the help of some pre-planning on my part earlier in the week, I was able to embark on a new recipe that was tried and true by a friend. The Grilled Salmon recipe did not disappoint: it was simple and turned out delish. Mr. McGoo was nice enough to grill the salmon for me, but I did all the prep and prepared the sides. With our teamwork, we were able to enjoy a quiet, relaxing evening together on Friday, ignoring the responsibilities that called. Here is the recipe if you're interested too. We will definitely do this one again.
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets
- lemon pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- salt to taste
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Season salmon fillets with lemon pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, water, and vegetable oil until sugar is dissolved. Place fish in a large resealable plastic bag with the soy sauce mixture, seal, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Place salmon on the preheated grill, and discard marinade. Cook salmon for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.