Friday, September 9, 2011

3.1

Labor Day weekend went by with a swirl, but I definitely enjoyed the extra time with Mr. McGoo. We had a complete football day on Saturday, with multiple guys vegging at my house from noon until late after 10pm. And the cool whispered air of fall began to creep into Memphis, getting me excited about sweatshirt weather to come.

One of the main events of the Labor Day weekend was my run in the Chick fil A 5k on Monday morning, Labor Day. As past posts throughout August have noted, I've been attempting to get back in shape and remind my body what it felt like to be "fit". I'm far from it, but running the 5k Monday was a move in the right direction.

Below is a photo of me and my accountability partner for the run, Kimberly. It was a cool, brisk September morning on Monday. The wind was blowing like crazy, but overall, minus the pain of pushing further than I have in a long while, the event was fabulous.


I ran a snails pace, but I completed all 3.1 miles - almost a mile further than what I had run throughout August to "prepare". The 2.3 mile or so marker came right at a hill... talk about having to push through it. I'm not particularly proud of my time, remembering what I use to run when I was fit, but I'm proud of completing the run and stepping out to do something uncomfortable. Ran the 3.1 miles in 32:38, a 10:32 mile pace (told you it was slow). 

Here is a photo of Kimberly and I at the finish, which rounded into the Redbirds Autozone Park. Our hubbies came down to the event to be our drivers and cheerleaders.

 

The rest of this week has been full with the beginning of a new trimester with school. The next few weeks will be the juggling act of figuring out my new schedule and learning what the McGoo routine look like this fall. I think both Mr. McGoo and I are looking forward to what God has in store.