Thursday, April 16, 2009

First Impressions

First impression, I think TWITTER is stupid.
Twitter defines itself as "a free social messaging utility for staying connected in real-time".

First of all, I'm not keen on the format of it.

Secondly, why do I want to know every single second what you're doing? "On the toilet", "driving", "thinking of this, thinking of that"... Facebook is updated frequently enough by some/most, why do I need an entire PAGE devoted to just status updates for one individual?

Thirdly, I don't know... no other good reason because I've barely seen the thing, but I'm not currently a fan.

I admit, all of this is just a first impression. I do not Twitter. I have barely looked at it. But knowing that the phenomenon is growing and found addictive by most, and taking a view or two at it the last day or so, all I can say is I think it's stupid with the little bit I know.

Just a random thought and a first impression.

4 comments:

Megan said...

TMI. Seriously. I don't care what you're doing all the time. It's TMI.

The Finneys said...

This post would make a great twitter comment.

Anonymous said...

and, Real men don't twitter. Right, Mr. Mgoo? uFrank

Mr. McGoo said...

Is there something you want to tell us about yourself uFrank?