Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Kansas City Winter Wonderland

7:55 am - We woke up to a Kansas City Winter Wonderland.

These pictures do not do the sight justice. I forgot our "big" camera, so this one does not pick up all the individual flakes. But it's coming down. Have some decisions to make about our travels... today is supposed to be LEG #2 travels to Denver.


9:10am update - snow is still coming down! Looking at the I-70 Interstate forecast (which is the entire route to Denver) the snow is not supposed to stop until we hit Colorado... therefore the decision has been made. I have never driven in snow, my hubby has not in awhile, why chance it? We will not be traveling to Denver today.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The snow is so Pretty!!!

Mrs. McGoo said...

Yeppers, I agree. I'm glad I'm indoors and warm while seeing it. :)

Kelly said...

Sorry your trip is being re-arranged. Are you going to try to go tomorrow, or is CO canceled altogether?

Mrs. McGoo said...

Thanks Kelly. Weather is like that - can change at any moment, right?!

We have not officially nixed the CO version of the trip, but it's highly likely that we will stick out the entire week in KC.

Not a bad thing... we'll continue to have a blast here... but a bit of a bummer if we can't get into Denver to see friends and ski.

Anonymous said...

HOLY PISS!! I hope some of that stays for when me and the rents come to KC.. many pictures can be taken of us and the snow. :P